Lyon, located in the heart of France, is a city full of cultural and historical wonders. It is an ideal destination for an unforgettable weekend as a couple or with friends.
With its many museums, historical monuments and renowned gastronomy, Lyon offers a unique experience to its visitors.
Day 1: Old Lyon and Fourvière
- Visit of the Basilica of Fourvière and its magnificent panorama over the city
- Stroll through the alleys of Old Lyon and visit the Saint-Jean cathedral
- Discovery of the most famous traboule in the city, the Traboule des Mysteries
- Dinner at Bouchon des Filles, a typical restaurant in the region
- Night at the Hôtel des Artistes
Day 2: The slopes of the Croix-Rousse and the Parc de la Tête d'Or
- Walk on the slopes of the Croix-Rousse and discover its famous mural frescoes
- Visit of the Musée des Canuts to learn more about the history of silk in the city
- Lunch at L'Epicerie Comptoir, an organic and responsible restaurant
- Discovery of the Parc de la Tête d'Or, the largest park in the city
- Dinner at Chez Hugon, a traditional Lyon restaurant
- Overnight at Hotel Globe and Cecil
Day 3: The slopes of Croix-Rousse and Confluence
- Visit of the Museum of Contemporary Art of Lyon
- Lunch at Le Bistrot de l'École des Plantes, a vegetarian and organic restaurant
- Discovery of the Confluence district, a former industrial district converted into a cultural and commercial space
- Visit of the incredible Musée des Confluences
- Dinner at Le Comptoir du Loup, a traditional restaurant in the region
- Return to the hotel for a restful night before departure
I chose these stages for their historical and cultural importance, as well as for their unusual side. The Traboule des Mysteries is one of the most mysterious traboules in the city, with legends that leave you perplexed. The Musée des Canuts allows you to discover the history of silk in Lyon and the mural fresco on the slopes of the Croix-Rousse is a real masterpiece.
Did you know that the Basilica of Fourvière was built on an old stone quarry? It was therefore necessary to build tunnels to transport the stones from the quarry to the construction site. These tunnels are still visible today and can be visited.
- Bouchon des Filles for its typical atmosphere and traditional cuisine
- The Bistrot de l'École des Plantes for its vegetarian and organic dishes
- Hotel des Artistes for its ideal location in Old Lyon.
- Hotel Globe and Cecil for its charm and elegance.
The best way to get around Lyon is the metro. A ticket costs around 1.90 euros. The total cost for two people for this trip would be around 800 to 1000 Euros, depending on accommodation choices and activities chosen.