Passion Coast heated garments are complex technical garments because they contain a heating and electronics component integrated into a "classic" textile garment.
This technological component implies a good knowledge of the operation of the products in order to benefit from them in an optimal way.
If you have a problem operating your heated garment, consult the corresponding tutorial on this page.
1. Instructions for use
The instructions for use present the specific characteristics of each product. You can find all of the user manuals for Passion Coast products below.
Manual heated jacket
2. My garment does not heat up enough according to my feelings
After your purchase, you find that your product does not heat up enough. This can be caused by several reasons:
1. A lack of knowledge of the actual use of the product. Passion Coast heated garments are designed to rise in temperature gradually over ten minutes and they are adapted to the environment intended for their use. For example, socks and insoles function optimally in a sockliner, boot or shoe, which will retain the heat generated. The amount of heat generated in this case is provided for a closed environment.
2. Loss of battery charge. All of our batteries are CE guaranteed and built with a target of 20% power loss after 500 charge cycles, which far exceeds the average life of a garment. However, if you do not recharge your batteries at least once every 6 months (for example once during the summer), they will lose efficiency quickly and the result will be a garment that heats up much less.
3. My garment does not heat up
When no heat perception is detectable. It may turn out that a part of the product proves to be defective and either to a manufacturer's defect or to an inadequate/excessive use of the product. In this case, it is advisable to know what is the source of the breakdown in order to proceed with a replacement. The main scenarios are:
- Only one of my clothes gets hot
- None of my clothes get hot
The fault may be caused by:
- A faulty battery
- A faulty charging cable
- The heating system (button, heating pad) incorporated into the garment
1. Only one of my clothes gets hot. The origin of the failure is probably due to a battery problem or a problem with the heating component of the garment.
How do I know if my battery is faulty? Charge the batteries for 4-5 hours then connect them to the clothes. Locate the garment that is not heating, disconnect the batteries and interchange them. If the other garment is now heating and the one that was heating is no longer working, the problem is with the battery.
How do I know if my garment is defective? Charge the batteries for 4-5 hours then connect them to the clothes. Locate the garment that is not heating, disconnect the batteries and interchange them. If the same garment still does not heat up and the other still works but with the other battery, the problem is with the garment.
2. None of my clothes get hot. The origin of the failure is most likely due to a faulty cable. The batteries therefore no longer recharge.
How do I know if my cable is faulty? All of our charging systems include a charge indicator that lets you know if the charge is effective. When in doubt, charge your batteries
4. Origin of breakdowns:
Breakdowns can be related to:
- a manufacturer's defect, this is generally perceived upon receipt of the package because one of the products does not heat up and the warranty applies.
- improper use of the garment. The heating components integrated inside the clothing are designed to withstand normal use but may deteriorate in the event of disproportionate use and/or non-compliance with the instructions for use of the product.
- failure to respect the regular charging of the batteries. The batteries lose their efficiency if they are not charged at least once every 6 months. and are not kept dry and without large temperature differences.