Paris, the City of Light, is an essential destination for lovers of culture, history and gastronomy.
This guide offers you a 3-day itinerary to discover the main attractions of the city as well as unusual places to make your stay unique and memorable.
Day 1: Between classics and curiosities
1. Morning: Montmartre and the Sacred Heart
Start your day by exploring the Montmartre district, famous for its cobbled streets, street performers and the Sacré-Coeur basilica. Climb the steps to enjoy a breathtaking view of Paris. Fun fact: did you know that the Sacré-Coeur basilica is built with a stone that whitens as it ages?
2. Afternoon: The Museum of Hunting and Nature
Get off the beaten track by visiting the Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature, an unusual place that combines art, culture and the history of hunting. This little-known museum will surprise you with its collections and its unique atmosphere.
- Restaurant Day 1: Chez Gladines (South-West cuisine, good value for money)
- 3 star hotel: Hotel De La Mare
The best means of transport to reach these stages is the metro.
Day 2: In the footsteps of the French Revolution
1. Morning: Le M arais and Place des Vosges
Explore the historic Marais district, with its mansions and the magnificent Place des Vosges. Don't miss the Maison de Victor Hugo, where the author of Les Misérables lived.
2. Afternoon: The Père-Lachaise cemetery
Visit the famous Père-Lachaise Cemetery, where many celebrities are buried, including Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf and Oscar Wilde. Fun fact: the most visited tomb is that of the singer Dalida, whose bronze statue attracts many fans.
- Restaurant Day 2: Le Comptoir du Relais (traditional French cuisine, good value for money)
- 3 star hotel: Hotel Du Haut Marais
The best means of transport to reach these stages is the metro and the bus.
Day 3: A day on the water
1. Morning: The Canal Saint-Martin
Stroll along the Canal Saint-Martin, a peaceful and romantic place, far from the tourist bustle. You can observe the locks and footbridges that span the canal.
2. Afternoon: The Planted Promenade
End your stay with a stroll on the Promenade Plantée, an old railway line transformed into a hanging garden, offering a unique view over the rooftops of Paris.
- Restaurant Day 3: Le Petit Cambodge (Asian cuisine, good value for money)
- 3-star hotel: Hotel Libertel Gare de l'Est Francais
The best means of transport to reach these steps is the metro and on foot.
Estimated cost for 2 people:
- Restaurants: around 180 euros (60 euros per day for 2 people)
- Hotels: around 300 euros (100 euros per night for 2 people)
- Transport: around 50 euros (Pass Navigo Découverte)
Total: about 530 euros.
This 3-day weekend in Paris combines discovery of unmissable sites and exploration of unusual places for an unforgettable stay as a couple or with friends.