Cannes, the most famous city on the Côte d'Azur, is the ideal place for a long weekend as a couple or with friends. Known for its international film festival, its fine sandy beaches, its palaces and its renowned restaurants, the city also offers a multitude of activities to discover.
In this itinerary, we invite you to visit the essential points of interest of Cannes, but also to get off the beaten track to discover unusual places and amusing anecdotes that will make you live a unique experience.
- Promenade de la Croisette : This famous promenade runs along the bay of Cannes and offers a breathtaking view of the Mediterranean Sea. You can admire the palaces, the luxury shops and the fine sandy beaches.
- Le Suquet : This old quarter of Cannes is known for its picturesque alleys and its medieval castle which offers a panoramic view of the city. You can also visit the Church of Our Lady of Hope and the Tour du Suquet.
- Fun fact: Did you know that famous actress Brigitte Bardot was discovered on the beach in Cannes in 1953?
- Recommended restaurant: Le Bistrot Gourmand, located in Le Suquet, offers refined French cuisine at an affordable price.
- Recommended hotel: The Amiraute hotel , located near the Croisette, offers comfortable rooms at a reasonable price.
- Île Sainte-Marguerite : This island located off the coast of Cannes is accessible by ferry. You can visit the prison from which the man in the iron mask escaped, as well as the museum of the sea.
- Marché Forville : This covered market offers local products and Provençal specialities. You can enjoy fresh seafood and local products here.
- Amusing anecdote: The fort on Sainte-Marguerite Island served as the setting for the film "The Iron Mask" with Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Recommended restaurant: Le Bistrot des Canailles, located near the Forville market, offers traditional French cuisine made with fresh produce.
- Recommended hotel: The Hotel Splendid , located near the Croisette, offers elegant and comfortable rooms at an affordable price.
- Musée de la Castre : This museum located in Le Suquet offers a collection of Provençal art and objects. You can admire a panoramic view of the city from the square tower.
- Cannes beaches : Take advantage of your last day in Cannes to relax on one of the city's fine sandy beaches.
- Amusing anecdote: The director Alfred Hitchcock shot several scenes of his film "La Main au collet" on the beach of La Croisette.
- Recommended restaurant: Le Maschou, located near the Castre Museum, offers Provencal and Mediterranean cuisine at a reasonable price.
- Recommended hotel: The hotel La Villa Tosca , located near the Croisette, offers elegant and comfortable rooms at an affordable price.
The best way to get to each stage of the route is on foot, but you can also use public transport or rent a bike to discover the city at your own pace.
The cost of this trip for two people, including visits, meals and accommodation in 3-star hotels, is estimated between 800 and 1200 euros.